Saturday, June 30, 2007

Hello

Hi, my name is Joelle Hopf and I will be a junior at SUNY New Paltz in the fall. I am double majoring in Art History and Management. Though I'm enjoying studying the art history more than my other major, I felt it would be in my best career interest to add something that could help me in finding a job and help give me more options. I'm also on the New Paltz swim team, which I absolutely love. (So once our season starts come check us out, we're pretty good!) I'm not exactly sure what I would like to do once I graduate, though I'm pretty sure I will continue on to get a masters degree... in what, I'm still deciding..I'm trying not to panic yet!
The type of art that really interests me is ancient art all the way up to Renaissance art. I'm a big fan of history and I love to learn about how and why certain art was created in certain periods and areas. Though this trip wont be focused on my favorite artwork, I hope it will help me further appreciate, learn and understand contemporary and modern art. I think the more I learn about it and the more I see it, the more I can appreciate it, enjoy it, and like it.
And what better place to learn about contemporary art than in Europe! I have never been to Europe, though I have always wanted to. I have traveled to South America, the Caribbean, and some of the states, including Hawaii and Alaska. I'm very excited for Germany because in highschool I took 5 years of German and I'm wondering if I'll remember any of it! I have also bought a handy Italian phrase book to help me out with the Italian, which is kind of similar to Spanish which I took for about a year. We'll see how it goes!
Can't wait for the trip and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
If you'd like to contact me: hopf40@newpaltz.edu or on aim: swimmyjoe1
-Joelle

No comments: